i used to be visiting Seattle with my husband and he turned into concerned not anything could be open on Easter Sunday. i really like japanese meals so I did a search on Yelp for a place that changed into open, a place we have not been to before and did online reservations and Adana suit the bill.
high-quality zen decor. The restaurant in all fairness small which makes it experience extra intimate. The area is damaged up into two stages, the pinnacle being a bar location and the kitchen and the lowest being the eating floor. Very great format – I preferred that the 2 seater tables had been at an perspective in place of instantly/perpendicular to the windows.
carrier changed into awesome. Very friendly and candy from the moment we got in to the instant we left.
food. Oh boy! among the 2 folks, we couldn't decide what to get for the reason that there are 3 courses and 3 alternatives for each direction. in place of looking to decide which one we need to get, we were given they all. ALL 9 options. The portions aren't large, however they aren't super small both so between the two people, we had been decently complete afterwards however we are happy we were given to strive everything on our go to.
First course: Brussels sprouts, turnip, okra.
Out of all 3, the okra dish is the maximum special to me – the rest had been adequate. The tempura become light and had the proper amount of salt. The okra turned into finely sliced. Mm true!
second path: Manilla clams, smelt, duck.
Manilla clams, palms down my pick! can not pass wrong with clams in a pleasant wealthy broth. I don't like smelt fish, so the smelt was thrilling to get however I did not adore it – it jogged my memory of sardines from a can that my dad use to eat for breakfast. The duck turned into good enough, I didn't like the texture of the duck as a good deal either.
0.33 course: bird wings, pork meatball, white fish.
I recommend getting any or all of these! when you have to pick out, then pick in keeping with your mood.
– hen wings if you want a wealthy soup/broth that warms your coronary heart and makes you need to curve up from the cold.
– red meat meatball if you want comfort meals or in case you are yearning a hamburger patty.
– white fish in case you want some thing light and sparkling.
Dessert: smoked cedar gelato, whipped yogurt, hoji creme brulee.
GET the whole thing. adequate, if you have not had the flavors listed on the menu, absolutely strive it as soon as! We didn't have an excessive amount of area in our belly to get the whole thing at the dessert menu so we opted for gadgets with flavors we have not visible before.
– smoked cedar gelato. How? How? How do you capture cedar smoke right into a gelato? It tasted fantastic!
– whipped yogurt. i'm now not keen on whipped cream so maybe this wasn't meant to be for me. but I idea i might strive it besides. Very fluffy and light ginger taste. Texture isn't always for me although.
– hoji creme brulee. Roasted green tea creme brulee. Yum yum yum! cannot move wrong with creme brulee, plus the roasted flavor is delicious.
beverages: lots of japanese whiskey to pick from! or even whiskey flight alternatives. sure!