Website & Phone:
I reported a window fault to them recently and was sent the usual forms to complete and return, which they then responded to by saying my full claim file had been sent to Elite Insurance as underwriters, and a phone number was given. This was a change from the usual procedure where once they鈥檇 checked the details an appointment was given quite promptly and the fault rectified.
As I鈥檇 heard nothing after a week I checked Elite Insurance online and saw they went bust last December 2019.
I phoned IWA and after a prolonged discussion was told to ring the Elite number as Marley Risk had now taken over responsibility.
I did that and was told the situation now is that PwC are acting as administrators and that what may happen is that I鈥檒l have to get an independent quote – at whose cost??- submit it to Marley Risk and that if accepted only 90% of the repair charge will be covered leaving me to pay the other 10%.
Very complex situation surrounding these replacement windows, guarantees and warranties and what I鈥檓 no clearer about -despite trying very hard on the phone – is just how IWA.biz can still advertise for business but claim no responsibility for putting right my window because they鈥檝e bundled my warranty off to an underwriter that went bust last December and also state that they didn鈥檛 have to inform me of that fact when they received my request for repair.
Needs further investigation.
Oh, and they don't cover paintwork or finishes apparently. So that part of my, now bankrupt, supplier's guarantee was absolutely worthless!
Who knew that you needed to look at reviews for the insurance company covering your window guarantee!?! If I knew then what I know now, I would have steered clear!
Initially IWA tried to refuse the claim because they said that I didn鈥檛 have the right documentation, but when I produced the correct docs they then rejected it for a completely different and obscure reason. You are very clearly led to believe that the Company ceasing to trade would be exactly what the IWA insurance is designed to cover, but no – apparently the small print says that if the faults are discovered BEFORE the installer goes bankrupt, (even the day before!) then you are not covered! How ridiculous is that?
Their website claims 鈥?0 years peace of mind with no hidden small print鈥? I don鈥檛 think so!
I wish I had looked at this site and seen other people鈥檚 experiences with IWA before I went ahead, but the Installer I was dealing with seemed so good that I wasn鈥檛 expecting to ever have to claim!
My experience with IWA is clearly not unusual, so I will now take the matter up with the Financial Ombudsman, I would not want other people to be let down by IWA in this way.
Having to refer case to Financial Ombudsman.
Building company liquidated after taking 拢10,000 including 拢5,000 deposit money. IWA are refusing to honour claim for deposit money.
Their customer service is appalling.
We receive many unsolicited calls asking us to join maintenance schemes and always advise them that I am hearing impaired and do not wish to receive promotional calls by telephone.
At last we have had a leaflet with a written quotation.
It is confusing! One paragraph states "we offer peace of mind and protection from losses in feed in tariff income" The small print seems to contradict this "IWA do not cover any consequential losses of any kind including financial losses of feed in tariff income.
We obviously tried to find some independent reviews of the IWA and after skipping the Irish Wheelchair Association found TrustPilot provided the full company name but unfortunately not a series of reviews from satisfied customers.
With a small installation of 3250 kw we found ourselves in the highest monthly package fee of 拢20 plus VAT per month. Before contemplating a substantial premum of this amount we would need to know we were getting good service and value for money over and above the long term guarantees of the manufacturer (25 years)
It would take too long to list the history but I would say they would never support you whatever your problem.
Suffice to say that I have referred this matter to the Financial Ombudsman.
Is Independent Warranty Association legit or scam? Can I trust Independent Warranty Association?
Our user(s) provided the above reviews and comments against Independent Warranty Association, and they have been published as-is. We do not edit, change, or remove user-generated content. There is no amount of money that a company can pay to have their reviews or complaints manipulated, and we will not erase the Independent Warranty Association reviews at any cost.