If you’re trying to set up voicemail on your Samsung, this article will walk you through the process. In addition to setting up voicemail, we’ll also show you how to listen to your messages and change your notifications to receive notifications only when you need them. So, let’s get started. First, make sure you’ve set up your voicemail number correctly. You should also enable the feature in your phone’s settings.
How to Set Up Voicemail on a Samsung Phone
If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, you may be wondering how to set up voicemail on it. The good news is that the phone has this feature, so you can program your own voicemail greeting. Here are some tips to help you set up voicemail on your Samsung phone.
- First, you must be connected to the cellular LTE network. Make sure you’re not using Airplane Mode, which will prevent notifications.
- Then, you can go to your Voicemail section and tap on the number you want to receive notifications from.
- There, you can change the notification sound, status bar, and lock screen notifications.
- Then, simply select Next to continue. This step will complete the setup process.
Steps to Set Up Voicemail on a Samsung Phone
Voicemail is a great feature on a Samsung phone. Not only does it allow you to turn off your phone when you are not available, but it also protects you from missing important messages. To get started, follow the steps below.
- You must first set up a security code. To do this, you can simply call the voicemail number and follow the instructions on the automated menu.
- Next, choose the voicemail number you would like to receive calls from. Voicemail numbers can vary depending on the service provider and country. If you’re using an AT&T Galaxy S21, you’ll need to set up your voicemail with your service provider.
- You’ll need your voicemail number with * as the first character.
- After you’ve set up your voicemail number, you’ll be prompted to set a password and greeting.
How to Listen to Your Voicemails
To listen to your voicemail on Samsung, follow the steps outlined below.
- Using the default speed dial button on your phone, press “1” to call your voicemail.
- You will then be prompted with an automated menu.
- After a few seconds, the voicemail number will be called.
- Afterward, you will be presented with an option to listen to your voicemail or delete it.
Depending on your Samsung phone, you may have different options for listening to your voicemail.
- First, open the Phone application.
- You will need to set up a password for your voicemail.
- Next, you can play the voicemails.
- When you have finished listening, you can decide what to do.
- The easiest way to do this is to press the “check messages” key.
- Once you’ve heard the voicemail, you can proceed.
How to Change Samsung Voicemail Notifications
If you’re having trouble receiving your voicemail notifications, you might be wondering how to change Samsung voicemail notifications. It’s possible to change these settings by accessing the voicemail menu in the settings menu. To do this,
- Open the Voicemail menu on your Samsung device
- Then tap the ellipsis icon (three vertical dots) in the upper right-hand corner.
- There, you’ll find several options, including which notifications you’ll receive.
The best way to remove the voicemail icon from your phone’s notification menu is to perform a factory reset. This will erase your phone’s hard drive, so you have to be sure that the phone was not accidentally set up to forward calls to voicemail. Otherwise, you can turn off call forwarding. You can also change the voicemail icon from the phone’s settings. Once you’ve found this option, you can change the notification to Silent, minimize, or disable it altogether.