You could be interested in learning how old your phone is if you’re buying a used one or wondering when it got produced. Unfortunately, obtaining this information is not simple.
Knowing when a phone got manufactured is entirely different from knowing when it was released. Your product may have left the factory a year or more after the model got first introduced. Although each Android manufacturer is unique, there are a few places you may look or try to determine how old is my phone. Look in this direction.
Why Is the Age of a Mobile Phone Important?
Carefully recorded releases of numerous cell phone models. On the other hand, your phone might develop months or even years after it was first made available. You might wish to find out the exact year your phone got produced for several reasons.
- It could provide you with crucial information about how secure your device is. People frequently believe that more recent phones are more secure than older ones.
- Your phone’s resale value is influenced by how old is my phone. A more recent model of your device will sell for more money if you decide to sell it.
- Your phone’s age has an impact on its general performance.
- Older phones frequently run slower and have more easily damaged bodies due to aging.
- As your phone ages, its battery life gets shorter.
Finding the Serial Number for an Old iPhone
How to locate an iPhone’s serial number is described below.
- Locate and tap the Settings icon.
- From this point, select General settings and press it.
- The About menu appears first. Tap it.
- The serial number of your iPhone is displayed on the fifth line to finish.
- To copy the serial number, long-press on it.
How old is my phone – may be determined in four simple methods.
There are a few methods you may use to check this, even though manufacturers frequently come up with new, different ways to display the manufacturing date, regardless of the model or brand of your phone. Additionally, here are a few instances:
1. Your phone’s purchase box
Your phone’s packaging is the first place to look. Each mobile phone’s manufacturing date gets noted on the box. The vast of them affix a white sticker to the back of the package. The sticker could contain a few letters, numbers, or barcodes. The phone’s manufacturing date can be obscured anywhere on the sticker.
While you’re there, ensure the IMEI number – put on the box, the one displayed in your phone’s settings – is the same.
On some phones, the settings app shows the date of manufacture. Usually, the “About Phone” section of the settings menu has this information.
Apps that can access your phone’s data or search the web for information about it using the IMEI number have developed by developers. Because these applications get developed in conjunction with the manufacturer, they are manufacturer-specific. You merely need to download and install the application to access the data.
4. Manufacturing Code
You might be able to determine when your phone got produced if you were aware of its production code. And learn more, use the dial pad on your phone to call one of the following numbers:
*#manufacturingcode#* or *#*#manufacturingcode#*#*#*